Clear Align is looking for a Principal Optical Design Engineer to join our rapidly-growing team in our Nashua, NH facility. Clear Align designs, prototypes, and manufactures custom imaging, sensing, and fiber optic systems for defense, aerospace and commercial customers. Clear Align’s imaging expertise spans the UV, Visible, NIR, SWIR, MWIR, and LWIR portions of the spectrum. Fiber-optic and sensing expertise includes optical integration for communications, remote sensing and targeting, as well as medical fiber optics.
- Performing system level analysis to ensure optical systems meet customer requirements
- Designing zoom and fixed focus lens systems for various wavelength bands including Visible, NIR, MWIR, and LWIR using ZEMAX
- Performing stray light analysis using FRED
- Performing optical testing, including interferometric and MTF testing
- Assembling optical imaging systems
- Laying out and constructing optical test beds
- Reading design drawings, identifying, and selecting suppliers
- Examining and evaluating incoming parts
- 10 to 15 years of experience in the optical design using ZEMAX or Code V
- MS in Optics or equivalent. Appropriate work experience will be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree
- Proficiency in optical principles and optical design
- Hands-on experience in optical testing
- Working knowledge of components, component failure modes, MIL Specs, and MIL Standards
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills, including problem identification, analysis, action planning, and execution
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cohesive team environment
- Excellent communication, organization, and math skills
Clear Align houses a highly sophisticated facility and engineering team in an organizational structure that is nimble, customer-driven and non-bureaucratic. Members of our team bring deep domain expertise in their areas of study combined with excellent project management and communication skills enabling small product-focused teams to deliver value quickly and effectively.
Clear Align is an equal-opportunity employer that encourages diversity.
US Citizen or Permanent Residency Required
To apply, please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.