Clear Align is looking for a CNC Technician with an Optician Background to join our rapidly growing team.
Clear Align designs, prototypes and manufactures custom imaging, sensing and fiber optic systems for defense, aerospace and commercial customers. Clear Align’s components spans the UV, visible, NIR, SWIR, MWIR, and LWIR spectrum. We manufacture optical components handling glass, metal, ceramic and infrared materials. We manufacture flat, spherical and aspheric components for growing markets. Members of our team are product-focused to deliver value quickly and effectively. If you are driven to exceed the objectives regularly set by your current organization, then a position in this organization may be the perfect fit.
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter with CNC Polishing experience who also has an optician background with excellent priority management skills. Must be highly organized with strong ability to multitask and have a great attention for detail.
- Developing and applying grinding and polishing methods for optical components including spherical, flat and aspheric components.
- Operating CNC Polishing machines, and equipment
- Developing and applying quality control of producing optical components using conventional spindle polish.
- Developing and applying standard operating procedures for optics.
- Reading and understanding engineering drawings and specifications.
- Conducting optics measurements on a Zygo interferometer, also using calipers and drop gauges.
- Measuring radii, surface irregularities, lens diameters and thicknesses
- High School Diploma (College Degree Preferred)
- 3-5 years of hands on experience in optics manufacturing environment
- Careful attention to details
- Working knowledge of MIL Specs, and MIL Standards
- Demonstrated skill in computer documentation
- Highly Self-Motivated
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills, including problem identification, analysis, action planning, and execution
- Proven conventional optics grinding/polishing skills
- Excellent time management, organizational and communication skills.
- A consistent history of setting and meeting technical and timeline objectives
Clear Align houses a highly sophisticated facility and engineering team in an organizational structure that is nimble, customer-driven and non-bureaucratic. Members of our team bring deep domain expertise in their areas of study combined with excellent project management and communication skills enabling small product-focused teams to deliver value quickly and effectively.
Clear Align is an equal-opportunity employer that encourages diversity.
US Citizen or Permanant Residency Required
To apply, please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com.